What to look for in Quality Care:
from the providers point of view:
by PPO Members
1. Is the provider friendly and show happiness & love towards the children in her care?
2. Does the provider talk to the children at their level, but kneeling or bending down instead of talking over them?
3. Is the providers home clean and child proofed?
4. Does the provider have an Interview Packet or Handbook to give you and read through with you?
5. Does the provider show you the areas of her home used for child care during the day?
6. Does the provider go through all of her business policies with you so you may ask questions if needed?
7. Does the provider have the correct ratio of children in her care as required by your state?
8. Does she offer USDA Meals & snacks to the children in care?
9. Do you feel comfortable while in her home and speaking with her?
10. Is the provider Registered or Licensed if required by your state?
11. Does the provider take ongoing training classes to further her education in this field?
12. Does the provider offer a learning program and/or fun activities during the day such as music, story time, ABC’s, colors, numbers, etc... (and not just turning on the TV)?
13. Does the provider genuinely seem as if she loves children and interact with them while in her care?
14. Is the provider organized and friendly during your visit?
15. Is the provider Infant / child CPR & First Aid trained?
16. Does the provider show patience and good moral character?
17. Does the provider have an open door policy?
18. Does the provider have a variety of age appropriate toys and learning materials?